Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Obama Takes a Bow



I'm a little late on this posting, but I've been meaning to write about it. Some may feel that this is a sign of respect. I feel like this is a sign of weakness. The President of the United States should bow for no one. This picture is sending the message that America in beneath Japan. This isn't the first time the President has bowed to royalty from other nations, below is a picture of him bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia:



It just makes me wonder what team he is playing for. America is a proud nation; America should never bow to another country, and I'm sure other countries would feel the same about never bowing to America. As a matter of fact, I've never seen any other leader take a bow when greeting our President! This doesn't make any sense to me. Like I've said before, some people will argue that he is being respectful, but what I want to know is why so many other leaders have a different greeting for the emperor of Japan, and yet are still considered respectful leaders (see video link below)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6fL7Y4BZA&feature=player_embedded#

No comments:

Post a Comment